Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game rules have changed

Go down 
+12
Oldhaus
Diablo
Supaguard
Twinsix
Lordlava
Lazywarrior
King Memie
Gambit
bubblecathie
Motoko
Wind
Asmodeus
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Game rules have changed Empty
PostSubject: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 7:28 am

Leading is no longer allowed in sewers and mines - because I never knew why it existed in the first place. The website has been updated.

Leading a major through U3 for a million experience is meh.

http://www.aranockonline.com/

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 7:32 am

I was under the impression that leading wasn't allowed anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 7:33 am

Asmodeus wrote:
I was under the impression that leading wasn't allowed anywhere.

It was for some reason, labs are still leading zones for obvious reasons.

Back to top Go down
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 1:58 am

U3 was never included in the leadable zones. They were labs, BS, u1, and u2 when I began my journey on this server a few years back. Then BS was made non-leadable. But yeah lets over react and screw with any stray new people who happen to wander past. Typical knee jerk nonsense. santa
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 2:05 am

What we have to be grouped to go mine now?
Back to top Go down
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 2:37 am

bubblecathie wrote:
What we have to be grouped to go mine now?

Just don't walk to pents until the person you can't group has done going through mine1.
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 3:12 am

Gambit wrote:
U3 was never included in the leadable zones.
On the old rules it said sewers(1,2,3) were allowed leading.

I support the sewers being added but I really don't like the mining part being added :/
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 5:26 am

Lazywarrior wrote:
Gambit wrote:
U3 was never included in the leadable zones.
On the old rules it said sewers(1,2,3) were allowed leading.

I support the sewers being added but I really don't like the mining part being added :/

Mines are easy enough, why do you need to be able to group someone to go mining? lol

Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 11:32 am

Motoko, how am i going to pay the bills if i cannot join my new sergeant clanmates in mines?!
What's going to happen with the RDV Mining Sundays?!

In the light of Skua, I ask for my honest demand to be heard.

Meanwhile i will protest on the temple street lol!
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Game rules have changed Untitl14
Back to top Go down
King Memie

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:37 am

Back in the day no leading was allowed. Shouldn't be allowed now no matter what area
Back to top Go down
Gambit

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 3:25 am

I stand corrected.
I still believe this to be far too harsh u3 could be barred itself. Showing new people through u1/u2 is one of the more social experiences left in the game.
Back to top Go down
King Memie

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 9:47 am

Guiding a new player through an area they can survive is fine. Leading them through an area they would not survive on their own or with someone of similar rank is another. And I agree u1 and u2 are definitely one of the more social aspects of the game.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 6:41 pm

You suffer a significant penalty if you do the sewer poles too early as poles experience is limited by the total exp of the player.
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Is it a 1:1 ratio for poles giving you exp?
Also u3 was giving full exp to capt/major, and people were leading through u2 for 2nd lts and stuff, just bring them at major or something, most people have an alt that can group that.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 1:00 am

There are a couple of degrees of randomness but the experience is roughly limited to 10% of your total experience.

Ignoring the two random adjustments, a player with 100,000 exp should probably not use poles > 10,000 exp i.e. high Staff Sgt in U1
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 12:10 am

The more rules, the less fun the game becomes. If some of the rules were removed, the game may see an increase in player activity. I have always thought the leading rules were silly. I lead my characters in A3res all the time and that's a big portion of why I find it to be so much fun. I worked hard for my level 129 hardcore arch-seyan. I utilize my original hard work to make my alts easier. Multi-logging is almost encouraged with being allowed to run four characters at once. I will add that if you can play four characters at once, you're talented since even two at once can be a struggle.

I can understand the rules concerning bug abuse, bots, maybe even language but the rest should be reconsidered. Just my opinion on the topic.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:13 am

Twinsix wrote:
The more rules, the less fun the game becomes.  If some of the rules were removed, the game may see an increase in player activity.  I have always thought the leading rules were silly.  I lead my characters in A3res all the time and that's a big portion of why I find it to be so much fun.  I worked hard for my level 129 hardcore arch-seyan.  I utilize my original hard work to make my alts easier.  Multi-logging is almost encouraged with being allowed to run four characters at once.  I will add that if you can play four characters at once, you're talented since even two at once can be a struggle.

I can understand the rules concerning bug abuse, bots, maybe even language but the rest should be reconsidered.  Just my opinion on the topic.

Cannot agree more. These rules are so anti-gamer and anti-group that really there is no point to having an online game. Leading and multi-log rules should be removed. I have said so millions of times and quite a few people agree. There is no argument for these rules to be enforced. Oh it makes the game easy (Who cares?). Anyway, I am a firm believer that these rules have and will continue to thin the playerbase. Sad story really.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Asmodeus wrote:
Twinsix wrote:
The more rules, the less fun the game becomes.  If some of the rules were removed, the game may see an increase in player activity.  I have always thought the leading rules were silly.  I lead my characters in A3res all the time and that's a big portion of why I find it to be so much fun.  I worked hard for my level 129 hardcore arch-seyan.  I utilize my original hard work to make my alts easier.  Multi-logging is almost encouraged with being allowed to run four characters at once.  I will add that if you can play four characters at once, you're talented since even two at once can be a struggle.

I can understand the rules concerning bug abuse, bots, maybe even language but the rest should be reconsidered.  Just my opinion on the topic.

Cannot agree more. These rules are so anti-gamer and anti-group that really there is no point to having an online game. Leading and multi-log rules should be removed. I have said so millions of times and quite a few people agree. There is no argument for these rules to be enforced. Oh it makes the game easy (Who cares?). Anyway, I am a firm believer that these rules have and will continue to thin the playerbase. Sad story really.

I second this!

No leading rule takes away a lot of the social aspect of the game, it makes a lot more playing in isolation, especially when the player base is so small, it makes interaction a lot less. I'm disappointed that you can no longer in U1,U2,U3, BS, mines. That is very sad.
Back to top Go down
Supaguard

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Oldhaus wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Twinsix wrote:

I second this!

No leading rule takes away a lot of the social aspect of the game, it makes a lot more playing in isolation, especially when the player base is so small, it makes interaction a lot less. I'm disappointed that you can no longer in U1,U2,U3, BS, mines. That is very sad.  

Thirded
Back to top Go down
Zidane

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:27 am

Fourded
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 4:41 am

I hear what you are saying but at this stage I do not have any plans in the short term to do major changes to the rules.
That is not to say they will never be changed, just not on my priority list.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 pm

I want to add my two cents.

I understand we always say "this game is different from Astonia", but it's really not. Aranock is the same game as Astonia, except we've added an expansion.

When I joined this server back in 2012~, I was not impressed with the no leading rule. I never understood why you weren't allowed to play with others unless they are in your group range. I played Astonia a lot growing up and we never had any issues with people "playing the game too fast" or being led to high ranks.

I agree with the community that it kills our active player base that we don't allow it. Online games are meant to be played together, regardless of the rank of the player. I honestly can't think of any other online multiplayer game that has these strict restrictions "no leading" rule. We average probably 4 players online at a time, which can be very discouraging for new players when they aren't allowed to receive help.

Essentially the way the game is programmed now, you are discouraged to get led through an area you aren't strong enough for. If you touch poles early, you get way less experience (Percentage based on current exp), so in the end, people who go to areas too early to touch poles are punished in the end as they don't get as much experience. This makes them pay the price later on when all they do is pent for exp (since they grabbed poles too early).

As someone already mentioned, the new Astonia V3 server, a3res, actually encourages you to multi-log in order to play 4 characters on the same account at a time. If I spent XX amount of hours playing the game, I want that to show when I start a new character. If I have to start from essentially scratch all over again, I won't make another character (hence why I only have 1 noble character).

I've played many MANY games and none of them have this no-leading rule.

I think our player base would begin to slowly increase if we allowed leading.

Also, I would have liked if admin discussed this issue rather than make a post saying "I don't like it so I'm changing it", without getting the input from the other admin.

/endrant
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 3:36 pm

It was an easy way to cheese champion quests, getting led through sewers/wherever to get mass experience that others (who were not led) could not compete with.

That is why it was changed.
Back to top Go down
Diablo

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 4:01 pm

Supaguard wrote:
Oldhaus wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Twinsix wrote:

I second this!

Thirded

I also agree completely with the concerns of the rest of the players. Leading rules are definitely affecting how people play and frustrating them when they actually seek help but can't find it.

Various players have the power-leveling style picked up from multiple other MMORPGs. I find it difficult to believe we have to be so different because we fear people doing well "too quickly". Some require more help then others and should be able to rely on help of more seasoned players.

The admin that decided to just radically change a long-standing rule should reconsider. We want to enjoy the game and have more freedom. Please change the leading rules to allow players to further enjoy your work and fully experience a true MMORPG.

Thanks,
Diablo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game rules have changed   Game rules have changed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game rules have changed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next