Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas for balancing the races.

Go down 
+6
Lordlava
Bill
Wind
Limitless
Diablo
Supaguard
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Motoko

Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:19 pm

Wind wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:

Adding 23 wv was the balancing factor for seyans not getting vic crit.

Sounds strange so I'm going to point this out:

In the old days,
for Templars, the best weapons were Ice TH and FoH, at 80wv
for Seyans, their swords were at 95wv.
So, 15wv was the original balancing on the low weapon skill of Seyan or to show that they are the heroic race.

And then after Vic Crits came in,
for Templars, the best weapon became Plat/Ice TH Axe, at 88wv,
for Seyans, their swords became 111wv.
There is a 23wv difference, but mentioned above, 15 out of 23 was the original part,
leaving us the conclusion of:

Seyans got extra 8wv than Templars for not having Vic Crits.

I think Vic Crits are way bigger cheers  

Except more things were added, not just weapons and crits, so you can't really say "Oh Arch templars got way more of a buff then seyan"

Back to top Go down
Wind

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Motoko wrote:

Except more things were added, not just weapons and crits, so you can't really say "Oh Arch templars got way more of a buff then seyan"

Lordlava wrote:

To all contributors to the forum:
I realise that you are all passionate about the game and about the changes that are going on or that you think should be going on.
However, please try to keep the comments and suggestions positive and constructive.  This does not mean that you need to agree with everything but just keep the language in a positive mode.

May I get more than an one-sentence reply?
Would love more details. Especially on what "more things" are you referring to.

I know it's a hard thing to do but please be constructive Smile
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Wind wrote:
Motoko wrote:

Lordlava wrote:

To all contributors to the forum:
I realise that you are all passionate about the game and about the changes that are going on or that you think should be going on.
However, please try to keep the comments and suggestions positive and constructive.  This does not mean that you need to agree with everything but just keep the language in a positive mode.

May I get more than an one-sentence reply?
Would love more details. Especially on what "more things" are you referring to.

I know it's a hard thing to do but please be constructive Smile

Dpots, other abilities (new arch skills) which change the game entirely relative to V2, professions adding items, other new items and/or changed items, basically all the changes that effect balance relative to V2.

Personally I feel seyan is fine, and is inferior to sorceror without soulstone gear, but with proper gear, it's very strong, similar to warrior.

Sorceror doesn't need any soulstoned gear to be powerful.

Just some examples.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 2:08 am

Wind wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:

Adding 23 wv was the balancing factor for seyans not getting vic crit.

Sounds strange so I'm going to point this out:

In the old days,
for Templars, the best weapons were Ice TH and FoH, at 80wv
for Seyans, their swords were at 95wv.
So, 15wv was the original balancing on the low weapon skill of Seyan or to show that they are the heroic race.

And then after Vic Crits came in,
for Templars, the best weapon became Plat/Ice TH Axe, at 88wv,
for Seyans, their swords became 111wv.
There is a 23wv difference, but mentioned above, 15 out of 23 was the original part,
leaving us the conclusion of:

Seyans got extra 8wv than Templars for not having Vic Crits.

I think Vic Crits are way bigger cheers  

Thanks for the clarification!

afro

Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 2:11 am

Unique TH crit - chance to Reduce AV on enemy

santa
Back to top Go down
Bill

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 5:31 am

Just to throw another suggestion out there, what about a skill to increase range of Seyan's area abilities? Bigger SH2 range, bigger C2 range, bigger B2 range... maybe at max it could be as big as the necro's blind radius? This offers utility, interesting gameplay, a unique flavor to the class, and doesn't feel unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:06 am

Bill wrote:
Just to throw another suggestion out there, what about a skill to increase range of Seyan's area abilities? Bigger SH2 range, bigger C2 range, bigger B2 range... maybe at max it could be as big as the necro's blind radius?  This offers utility, interesting gameplay, a unique flavor to the class, and doesn't feel unbalanced.  

SH2, C2, B2 is already at a good range
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:07 am

Oldhaus wrote:

santa

Bump santa
Back to top Go down
Bill

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:14 am

Oldhaus wrote:
Oldhaus wrote:

santa

Bump santa

Seyans don't need more crits. If you're talking about adding this component to their existing crits I don't really see the point. Things usually die very shortly after you get a crit anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 6:27 am

Bill wrote:
Oldhaus wrote:
Oldhaus wrote:

santa

Bump santa

Seyans don't need more crits.  If you're talking about adding this component to their existing crits I don't really see the point.  Things usually die very shortly after you get a crit anyway.

They mean this like how poison procs I think, no extra damage just a debuff.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 5:08 pm

Lazywarrior wrote:
Bill wrote:
Oldhaus wrote:
Oldhaus wrote:

santa

Bump santa

Seyans don't need more crits.  If you're talking about adding this component to their existing crits I don't really see the point.  Things usually die very shortly after you get a crit anyway.

They mean this like how poison procs I think, no extra damage just a debuff.

Correct, it should work exactly like poison except the debuff reduces armor value.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 6:15 pm

The corrode spell/skill is being trialled on NPCs for crits on the testserver.
Depending on how this goes it may be implemented in the production server.

Whilst the skill is only initially available for NPCs the step to players is small.

It is effectively a cumulative reduction in the AV of the target. If hit again whilst the existing spell is active then the reduction is cumulative.
The AV loss is only temporary whilst the spell is active.

Risk to be tested is that if you are surrounded by NPCs all hitting you then the spell may never expire and you keep getting weaker till you have no AV and you are praying you recall is fast enough and your heal exhaust not too long.
Back to top Go down
Lazywarrior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Lordlava wrote:

Whilst the skill is only initially available for NPCs the step to players is small.

It is effectively a cumulative reduction in the AV of the target. If hit again whilst the existing spell is active then the reduction is cumulative.

Risk to be tested is that if you are surrounded by NPCs all hitting you then the spell may never expire and you keep getting weaker till you have no AV and you are praying you recall is fast enough and your heal exhaust not too long.
Now that I hear how it works... 4 seyans/templars surrounding you lowering your AV multiple times sounds terrifying.. But that is 4 of the same race.. doesn't sound too op.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Well... Until i get to test it I wont say much but it sounds op as hell in pvp. I'm thinking effect should be reduced heavily on players.

As is, it gives a significant boost to temps and seyan in pvp which already dominate it while increasing the gap against spell casters.

I wonder if it is possible to use some sort of flag so pvp can be balanced seperately.

Sounds good nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:34 am

Lordlava wrote:

Will this be a passive for TH, making TH viable again for templars? santa
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 3:58 am

Hi guys - when I asked LL to make this amongst other new crit types, i had no intention of it being for players.

But we'll see what happens, things change.
Back to top Go down
Oldhaus

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:28 pm

What's the status on the Reducing AV debuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for balancing the races.   Ideas for balancing the races. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for balancing the races.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3