Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server is Laggy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 5:35 pm

Server is extremely laggy for me and a few others. Oddly enough Cathy and Nyan aren't effected. Any chance this could be looked in to?

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Bill

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 5:51 pm

well, it seems better now... false alarm I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 11:19 pm

Bill wrote:

No one lags as bad as you. Did you check on your side? Might not be the server
Back to top Go down
Bill

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 5:21 am

Asmodeus wrote:
Bill wrote:

I think you may have me confused with someone else? I don't lag, typically. Also, it wasn't just me, Grub and Supaguard were also having issues. I think someone else may have as well but I can't remember. I tried multiple different connections to make sure it wasn't anything on my end and everything else was working fine.

I wouldn't post if it wasn't an issue with the server, luckily it seems to have cleared up on it's own.

Thanks though.
Back to top Go down
Asmodeus

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 7:36 am

Bill wrote:
Asmodeus wrote:
Bill wrote:

I think you may have me confused with someone else? I don't lag, typically.  Also, it wasn't just me, Grub and Supaguard were also having issues.  I think someone else may have as well but I can't remember.  I tried multiple different connections to make sure it wasn't anything on my end and everything else was working fine.

I wouldn't post if it wasn't an issue with the server, luckily it seems to have cleared up on it's own.

Thanks though.

Sorry I think I did confuse you with supaguard Razz My bad... What did you do to fix it?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 2:00 am

It is very rare for the server itself to be the cause of the lag, except during the data save (every hour on the half hour) and the data backup (every 6 hours) functions.

Almost all other lag is caused by the internet connection.

The more widespread the lag is observed, the closer it is likely to be to the server source.

Most of the major widespread lags that I have observed and investigated have been caused by weather events (storms) in Florida or special events in the US (Thanks Giving) where either the internet services were disrupted or overloaded with traffic.

There have been regional disruptions to connections (dug up cable from Australia to Singapore) which have affected players in one region only and there have been lots of local disruptions where just a small community or one ISP has been affected due to some local event.
Back to top Go down
legacy

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:26 am

The other day about 50% of players were lagging really bad for about 30 minutes and the other 50% were fine. When this happens you just gotta ride it out! Nothing admin or staff can do about it as if it was the server lagging, there would be a lot less prejudice as to who is feelin' the lag demon.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 7:37 am

It could be an EAST vs WEST type deal.

I think our server is located in North America?

For whatever reason if their servers are a bit backed up, people closer to the server will get better ping than people further away.

Who knows though. Guessing game here.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Just north of Miami in Florida US
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server is Laggy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server is Laggy   Server is Laggy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server is Laggy
Page 1 of 1