Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

cannot start game - DirectX init failed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kelvin

cannot start game - DirectX init failed Empty
PostSubject: cannot start game - DirectX init failed   cannot start game - DirectX init failed Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:18 pm

The moment i hit start the game comes up with "login OK" and then crashes with the error below:
cannot start game - DirectX init failed Errorce
my OS is windows 7 and i have DirectX 11 (previous version of directx games work however)
I used this download link in the forums and i seem to have all the files required: https://aranock.rpg-board.net/t30-game-download
I have tried checking the forums for anything similar and tried using google about the error, sadly I did not find anything helpful.

I have tried many different compatability options with no change. I simply dont know whats wrong or what to do scratch
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: cannot start game - DirectX init failed   cannot start game - DirectX init failed Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 am

Some PCs running Vista or Windows 7 have problems running the client. I suspect it is to do with the graphics card but I can not be sure.

Try running the game in Windows XP Compatability Mode.

See if that helps.
Back to top Go down
kelvin

PostSubject: it sort of eventually worked!   cannot start game - DirectX init failed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:05 pm

I just thought id post that just today i thought id randomly try the game again after giving up a long time ago before, and as usual it didnt work regardless of the numerous changes to my pc, like drivers and stuff. So I thought id try some other things out of the box and found after messing with my CCC this still came up with the same error.

However the entire time I was on a dual screen setup (my primary is 1920x1080 natively, while the second screen is your average LCD monitor that runs on 1280x1024). I thought I would make the second screen my primary so the game launched on that and it worked, so it appears to be an issue with using my HDTV the entire time! allways the last thing I never think to try is the answer Smile !

Just thought id post my own sort of solution (its still terribly annoying using a screen to my far right to be honest) after such a long time, incase anybody has a similiar setup to me and encounters this issue themselves (maybe they can figure out why it does it).

also, its not the resolutions thought, using 1280x1024 on my HDTV still causes the problem, so its probably the display itself for some unknown reason.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: cannot start game - DirectX init failed   cannot start game - DirectX init failed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks for the update! Glad you found the cause. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: cannot start game - DirectX init failed   cannot start game - DirectX init failed Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:58 am

Well done kelvin.

There are a small number of people who do get errors when trying to access the game.
Sometimes Win XP Compatability mode fixes it.
Sometimes it is a problem with really high end graphics cards and turnig off some features fixes it.

I have never heard of anyone having a problem with the particular type of monitor before but maybe that is because they have never managed to solve the issue.

Good job and thanks for the feedback.

I hope to see you in game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cannot start game - DirectX init failed   cannot start game - DirectX init failed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cannot start game - DirectX init failed
Page 1 of 1