Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rule Query

Go down 
+8
Tulkas
Thug
Lordlava
amanar
Fazza
Andy
Motoko
Thrice
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Thrice

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi just have a query concerning the rules. I asked 3 staffers and they all gave me a different answer ranging from yes to no.

Is it legal to use my Lu col alt to compulse all the gargs in brigs. Then leave the game, log on with my captain alt and run around grabbing the pents?

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Thrice wrote:
Hi just have a query concerning the rules. I asked 3 staffers and they all gave me a different answer ranging from yes to no.

Is it legal to use my Lu col alt to compulse all the gargs in brigs. Then leave the game, log on with my captain alt and run around grabbing the pents?

Appreciate any feedback

Thanks
This is obviously illegal.
Back to top Go down
Andy

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:15 pm

5. DO NOT MULTI-LOG
Multi-logging to power train an alternative character is forbidden (We do know when a proxy IP is being used). However, the only exception to this rule is to transfer items from one character to your alternative character. This must be done in town or clan halls. The transferring of quest items from one character to any other character is not allowed and is a bannable offence. If caught multi-logging in any quest areas such as pents or random dungeons but not limited to, you will be punished.

Spelling your own character by the use of multi-logging, regardless of where either of the alts are found is still illegal.

Is compulse a spell???

If that doesnt answer your question I dont know what will...
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 pm

I think it falls under rule 8s second paragraph.

It says

Quote :
Leading npcs away from an area with the intent to avoid them or allow others to avoid them is deemed as an unacceptable method of game play (in pents for example). This behavior is not accepted and will be punished.
Because compulsion makes the npcs essentially "not there". You would be leading them "away with the intent to avoid them or allow others to avoid them".

Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:12 pm

How is it that you've played on this server longer than I have but I know it's definitely illegal?
Back to top Go down

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 pm

amanar wrote:
How is it that you've played on this server longer than I have but I know it's definitely illegal?
Most likely due to the fact that he's a petulant child crying for attention. Rule Query Emot-ironicat
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:20 am

Just to avoid any confusion, the activity described above is against the letter, the spirit and the intention of the rules.

It was never the intention nor the design of the game to allow a sgt major or 2nd Lt seyan to run around the Maj Gen or Ice Garg pents to get the mixed pents shrine nor the pents.

Just for the record, in case there is any doubt what so ever, it is also illegal when running around the maj Gen pents to deliberately lag so that the gargs will attack the compulsed gargs instead of the player.

You can try to play with words and bend it so that it appears legal. That will not work.

In my simple mind, this is called cheating and will be dealt with as such.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:07 am

Lol ppl sounds so mad. its just an inquiry into what i can and can't do. For all the people that think I'm stupid your calling admin stupid because I got information from one of them that said it was legal.

Which brings me to my second question.

Is it legal for some1 else (say lu col) to comp out all of brigs and then log off or leave, and I then go there with my Captain then go pent in that arena?
Back to top Go down
Thrice

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 5:11 am

the reason I ask is because this is essentially the same as penting with some1 you can group cept they don't touch any pents. Something that is perfectly legal.

But I have had 2 admin tell me its illegal. Just curious why it would be illegal?
Back to top Go down
Thug

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 9:14 pm

it's faster to pent grolms anyway
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:57 pm

For a Capt to pent with a Lt Col belonging to and operated by a different physical person is legal.

For a Capt to pent in a higher area that has been compulsed and the speller is no longer there is a problem as we have a problem telling who did the compulsing.

Given the previous track record, it would be assumed that the action was illegal unless the other person was present with you.

By the way, you will no longer be able to lag out of a death if he gargs turn on you instead of the compulses.

To avoid any confusion or misunderstandings, I would suggest that you do not try this trick.

If this continues to be a problem then I may have to block compulsing in the pents or destroy compulses if the owner has not been online for say 4 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Tulkas

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:51 pm

LL just to chime in on that last little bit of your post, i would hope maybe there could be a way to detect wether or not the compulses "owner" is online for a set amount of time? is this how GCs work? i just would hate to see an archskill become useless because its restricted in the place people spend almost all of their time. the timing out sounds like a perfect solution.
Back to top Go down
Kitten

Kitten

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 1:54 pm

LL, I can understand and be ok with destroying compluses after the owner is offline for a set amount of time, but not blocking them in pents. Much as I dislike it most times, penting is something everyone needs to do, and if it was blocked, I'd spend less time in pents.... well, less than I already do Razz
Back to top Go down
Thug

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:28 pm

he's trolling. stop replying to him (including admin), best thing u can do to a troll
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:46 pm

Hes not trolling. Hes just gonna compulse everything then have an alt afk in temple or something
Back to top Go down
Aerie

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:23 pm

He also used the wrong form of "you're".
Back to top Go down
Rush

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:01 pm

Aerie wrote:
looooooooooooooool
Back to top Go down

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Aerie wrote:
Rule Query Emot-golfclap
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:57 am

This thread is actually still going? It's pretty clear everything he wants to do will get him punished even if it's not written in black and white.

In today's world a procedure is needed to state "Unzip pants before going to bathroom" too.

Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:09 am

I swear I've actually saw that sign on the bathroom in a night club Motoko, no joke cheers 

Thread Locked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rule Query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule Query   Rule Query Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rule Query
Page 1 of 1