Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide Penting

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Guide Penting Empty
PostSubject: Guide Penting   Guide Penting Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:10 am

I got bored so I figured I would make a penting guide. These things will vary based on class greatly and even within a class slightly based on build so I will try to account for these variations.

This guide will actually be created over a number of weeks or months as I get around to playing different classes or recommendations from others. Personally I am curious to see how the weapon mods turn out for each section.= based on class.

It is recommended you have, at absolute bare minimum +5 weapon mod over whatever the highest rank is you are fighting. I recommend +15 or +20 to survive easily and not micro manage every action. Yes this can be supplemented with higher AV.. but usually getting AV that high is temporary and from things like MS which will wear down.

The two basic philosophies are pent high and slow and go for big scores or pent low and extremely fast in hopes of many solves and little fighting.

Templar\Arch: You will be the slowest of penters as you will likely be doing much fighting, have no area spells or stealth. This will become a little easier once you get warcry. Due to your weak spells, get used to penting lower ranks than your counter parts.

Seyan: Almost as slow as the templar in grolm pents since his mana doesn't afford him to stun. His stealth however is an asset in escaping and not being seen in the first place making him slightly faster. A strong / well shrined seyan sword is vital in strong penting. You're not really a seyan until you're shrined out.

Hara\Arch: Blasting in large groups, but the lack of stealth makes you easily seen and hard to escape. In garg pents and above, curse will not only help you escape, but will be the key to your survival. C1/C2 make you near untouchable in gargs. Poison, C2, B2, B2 is often faster than C2, B2, B2, B2 if you choose not to go the comp route.

Sorc: Relying on stealth for a stun/concentrate and run and is questionably the fastest of penters with a good mana income and strong stealth. Just don't plan on getting much in the way of kill XP.

Warriors: Who cares.. no one plays them ;-). Mostly stealth and occasionally stun are their assets. They are a bit of a mix between a seyan and sorc when it comes to penting.

At a glance "Strong" typically have +3 to +9 extra stats.. or roughly just shy of +1 rank stat wise.

Grolms:

Gargoyles:
Ice:

Underwater:
Back to top Go down

Guide Penting
Page 1 of 1