Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Issues with mobs disappearing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chippi

Issues with mobs disappearing Empty
PostSubject: Issues with mobs disappearing   Issues with mobs disappearing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:44 pm

I was doing the haunted tower and the skellies would disappear after I started fighting them and then they would respawn and then I could actually kill them. One of the times I had a hard time moving on as even though nothing was attacking me it said I couldn't escape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobs disappearing   Issues with mobs disappearing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 3:15 pm

I have no idea if it has any connection or if its just a lot of people collecting junk, but I have also noticed world saves easily take twice the time they used to and I often lag a second time just before or just after a lag for world save +/- 1 minute.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobs disappearing   Issues with mobs disappearing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:10 am

I have reset the server time clock back to the correct US EST time clock again. It was about 4 hours out (fast) for some reason.

The game saves (write memory files to disk) occur every hour on the half hour.

The game backups occur every 6 hours where a backup is taken of the disk files and zipped (to allow the game to be restored later if needed).

Both these activities will cause lag in the game, normally measured in seconds.

This should not normally cause NPCs to respawn though.
Back to top Go down
Chippi

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobs disappearing   Issues with mobs disappearing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:25 pm

This didn't occur at the time of the backup and it occurred with about 4 skeletons in a row with each starting to fight me and then disappearing only to respawn a few seconds later.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobs disappearing   Issues with mobs disappearing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 am

Sounds like it was bad luck and you just happened to be there when they reset, all npcs reset once a day and many have found it to be at bad times for them like in the middle of prison or necro quest.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobs disappearing   Issues with mobs disappearing Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:04 am

Good point Dinin.

The NPC resets will be in sequential order of their template ID and hence will tend to happen in runs in the same place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues with mobs disappearing   Issues with mobs disappearing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issues with mobs disappearing
Page 1 of 1