Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death off Deathtraps

Go down 
+5
Daddyonine
Motoko
amanar
Iktomi
bubblecathie
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

Death off Deathtraps Empty
PostSubject: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:24 am

The screenshot below is Ceckare and i trying to figure things out. The deadly red arrow is the path i used to die, lol.
Also, if you look closer to the img below you can see the SADDEST face on my harakim.
Death off Deathtraps Untitl11
I didn't know deathtraps could cause such. I'm not sure it's a bug but hey something to be aware people!

I went up tower for another Ring of Prophet. Unfortunately for me, i did step on a deathtrap *facepalm*
Ceckare was sitting in temple so i asked if he could help me to recover it.
So we both went back really quick which took us about 4-6minutes.
There was no grave and the gargoyles had nothing on them either. Since i died close from the wall i thought well maybe if im lucky enough my grave is in the next room?! Nope nothing! I basically lost everything that morning day.

Of course i thanked Ceckare for his help, asked for a staffers/gods, came here to report it, then went straight back to bed.
Death off Deathtraps Pocl6b10

At least i found a bug right?

Have a good day!
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 12:34 pm

I tried replicating it but my graves were always there.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 3:04 pm

After a similar experience with a few brave victims, it seems as if the grave timer is off and only allowing for a 5min grave.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Alright, I would like to thank you for your time Iktomi! And also thanks to these brave victims lol.
I appreciate your help trying to figure out what happened.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 6:13 pm

Chippi and I were helping out in the new area and both died to death traps too... didn't make it in time and we both lost everything.. all my SS gear gone Sad

I have like 60k luck but i guess a death trap is 100% kill?
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:40 pm

amanar wrote:
Chippi and I were helping out in the new area and both died to death traps too... didn't make it in time and we both lost everything.. all my SS gear gone Sad

I have like 60k luck but i guess a death trap is 100% kill?

Death trap means death.

Drowning also means death.

Back to top Go down
Daddyonine

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:06 pm

traps have always been no save deaths.....
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:38 pm

I knew traps always been 100% death.
But a 5 minutes grave? Never heard of it.

I'm sorry it wasn't a bug then i guess
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:58 am

As far as I know the 5 min grave is unintentional and being looked at
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:48 am

Staffers have access to a /grave name command to tell the age of all graves of a player.

How long has this been happening as nothing in this area have changed in recent memory.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 am

I must be getting tired as I can not see where it creates the tombstone.
I will have to look at this tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am

I hope my SS gear is recoverable. some serious items have been lost.
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Sunday around 11am-13:00, ive lost many high valuable items too but hey thats life right?
Back to top Go down
Daddyonine

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:24 pm

thats too bad hope didnt lose your pink phat and divines
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:20 pm

Are graves suppose to disappear in 5mins or is that a bug??

Also, because I died while testing out a new area for admin, you'd think I'd get my gear back?

I swear I pay my insurance!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Motoko

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Graves are supposed to be 30 minutes for players
Back to top Go down
bubblecathie

bubblecathie

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:36 pm

I may be wrong but, I would also like to ask something...

Death off Deathtraps Untitl11

As you can see, there are Dark shields on the wall. If i remember right, you can't drop items in front of these, they are usable items.

When i first got to that floor, before doing anything else I quickly comped the gargoyle.
So as soon as i started to move forward, the gargoyle sitting on my side would do the same.
The gargoyle was blocking my path, the results we both walked the same direction except i had a deathtrap in my path and not him. lol

My question is, is it possible that the grave couldn't spawn in front of the spikes because of the shield, and also couldn't spawn under the feet of the comped gargoyle?
 study confused

Let me know if im wrong or if you have any news on this. Thank you!  cat
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:18 am

I am doing some playing around with graves and I am losing alot of blood doing it.
It appears that players graves and NPC graves have roughly the same life.

The section of code that triggers player graves have not been changed in my time here.
The section that triggers NPC hraves was last changed in 2011 (and is not being triggered for players at the moment).

The logic is convoluted and goes through several intermediate steps before the grave is actually dropped (and its age sealed).

I am at a loss as to how long this problem has actually existed but I do recall way back when that it used to be > 20 minutes and the player code does appear to try and make it 4*5minutes but this is not being triggered.

I am still trying to work out why (by adding debug statements) in small time slots at night.
Once I find and fix the problem I will let yu know.
In the mean time, try not to die a long way from home.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 am

OK I have found something that appears to make a player death act like an NPC death.
It also does a few other strange things that I would not really want to even speculate what the consequences are.
It seams to have been done in about 2009 or 2010 and has been wrong ever since.

Anyway I have fixed it and it will be active next time I restart the server.

Please keep an eye out for anything strange with either player or NPC deaths, including lab bosses or cave bosses.
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:44 am

Wondering if I will be getting my SS gear back from this bug?

My sorc is not the same without max spells Sad
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 am

SS gear is unique and I do not have any means available to be abe to recreate a specific item.

The question I have is why no one have noticed (or reported) this in all those years?

Actually another question too, why were you wearing your awesome gear when testing a new area?
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:06 am

Can you make soulstones? And then I can use them in emme armor to try and replace the gear I had? Or no dice?

Great question as to why I was carrying all my gear... I honestly didn't think I would die, and if I did, I was grouped with 3 other people so figured they could guard my grave when I walked back to get it...

I thought graves lasted for 30mins... not 5mins!!! Sad

I also thought that you'd get saved from death traps... but learned that its 100% death.
40k luck is for nothing!! lol

I'd really appreciate some soulstones to make new gear though... like seriously it took me all the way up to noble collecting SS to make the sets I had Sad
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:35 am

This is something that has begun recently, I was penting my sorc about 2-3 weeks ago and let spells run in pents, and died. Grave definitely lasted longer than 5 minutes as I was able to grab another char, empty inventory, and walk through mine1, brigs, and into magen with time to spare.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:53 am

Just keep an eye on all deaths, player and NPC and report any issues please.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:01 am

The death was not caused by a bug.

The shortened grave life was an "undocumented feature" in the game.

If I tried to replace everything that was lost because a grave had expired then I would be doing research for months to try and find out what went missing as all the claims came flowing in.

That would be a very dangerous precedent to set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death off Deathtraps   Death off Deathtraps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death off Deathtraps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Click Me For New Forum  :: Game Chat :: Bugs-
Jump to: