Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:04 am

Wanted: 2-4 testers for new quest.  Question
Pay: Nil.  Sad

There will be a series of rolling tests over the next couple of weeks.
I need 2-4 testers who are willing to spend some time testing (and trying to bend or break) a new quest.

Initially the tests will take about an hour (cumulative time which can be split up) but eventually the final tests will take longer.  The tests are repeatable on different characters.
Records of the tests will be removed when the quest goes live but you may be keep your tags for so long as the trial continues.

There are three objectives:
1. Test that what should be working is working properly.
2. Find ways to get around it (and tell me so that I can either accept it or block it).
3. Comment on the new quest webpages.

You need to have the time, be detailed in testing and documenting bugs, and a bit devious to find unintended loopholes.
Constructive criticism is welcomed.

If you have the time available and are willing to help them let me know and I will tell you what to do.

Last edited by Lordlava on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 10:59 pm

im good at breaking new areas Smile

Count me in
Back to top Go down
Ouaco

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:06 am

Lordlava wrote:
Wanted: 2-4 testers for new quest.  Question
Pay: Nil.  Sad

There will be a series of rolling tests over the next couple of weeks.
I need 2-4 testers who are willing to spend some time testing (and trying to bend or break) a new quest.
Baldor/Stump/Atoal can help>
Initially the tests will take about an hour (cumulative time which can be split up) but eventually the final tests will take longer.  The tests are repeatable on different characters.
Records of the tests will be removed when the quest goes live but you may be keep your tags for so long as the trial continues.

There are three objectives:
1. Test that what should be working is working properly.
2. Find ways to get around it (and tell me so that I can either accept it or block it).
3. Comment on the new quest webpages.

You need to have the time, be detailed in testing and documenting bugs, and a bit devious to find unintended loopholes.
Constructive criticism is welcomed.

If you have the time available and are willing to help them let me know and I will tell you what to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:30 am

Lmao.. yes I will give Thrice that. It is his speciality.

Also I'm down for a bit of testing. Will give me something to break up the penting..etc.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 4:37 am

For those testers who missed the first round, I have opened up a 2nd test round.

Same test parameters, just extended out to midnight on Saturday 10 January.

Note that I have not fixed the issues reported from the 1st test and will be working on them during this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 3:43 pm

I'm not sure the test has been properly re-opened, though I could be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:07 am

Something closed quest 2 prematurely - I am investigating how/why.
I have opened quest 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 5:38 am

The test is now closed again, before I even made it out of the training grounds.
Spoiler:

I didn't see quest 3 on the website until I (the first player) actually joined the test fyi.

Also when I first started it, it said I was on lab 30! Though it quickly fixed itself (refreshed about 30 seconds later and it was fine)
Spoiler:

The only consistent thing I have done in roughly the same time frame is touch that starter pole. Is it possible the pole actually counts as a /raise or a scroll or something that automatically locks it?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 6:58 am

Both of these will be fixed on the next update.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 2:30 am

ok im confused?

I tried to do the task as per PM and the first thing i noticed is i can pick up items as mentioned shouldn't be happening?

Is the task closed and have i missed out or can I still do something?

I dont get what im suppose to do? hit the portal and go from there? portal not working?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 6:59 am

The portal isnt working because round 4 of testing isn't open yet. Anytime it says quest 0 is not active the testing isnt open. If it says 'Spells have been restricted' then you should be good to go and can see it on the main website > Wall of Fame > Champ > Quest #
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 8:08 am

Server restarted.
Quest 2 is reopened and 12 of the main features have been fixed and ready for testing.
I still have another 8 items to fix/review/accept.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:39 am

Clicked on portal...nothing happens?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 12:29 pm

I just checked it again moments ago, its still working fine and the website says the quest is still open. You're using the portal in the tutorial / training grounds and not the temple, correct?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 1:03 am

Dunno if too late but id be willing to test some things.
Back to top Go down
Thrice

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 6:09 am

made it passed lab 5 in 1h 50 minutes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 11:16 am

Yeah, Id like to see you do that again post-test phase ;P
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Another batch of fixes and adjustments have been added.

I am waiting for feedback from Thrice on the tests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:35 pm

Sorry I haven't been able to contribute to this school/work/family are taking me through a tumble right now. Hopefully I can get back to the lands of Aranock soon.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:40 am

Final trial 3 is now open midnight Wed 21 Jan US EST.
See web link for specifics.  Note that there are more minimum requirements this time.

Thrice the gauntlet has been thrown down by Dieharder for you to repeat your previous trial timing.
Gambit use your time wisely.
Other testers this is your final chance to legally try to break the quest.
Note that you are still bound by the normal game rules.

If this trial is successful then the target is open it up live to everyone by the end of the month.

I urge you to try and test it thoroughly and report any bugs or undocumented features.

Note that stat or experience scrolls of any sort will disqualify you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:33 am

Stat / Experience / Guardian Angel*

I guess since spell scrolls are the only ones that seem safe, Luck scrolls might be a disqualifier as well?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Luck scrolls are experience scrolls with different parameters set.

Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 1:48 am

If you are absolutely certain that it is a luck only scroll then it will not set the flag.
If it gives any experience at all then the flag will be set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 2:05 am

I honestly didn't know any luck scrolls at all gave exp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead   Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Testers (Preferably) alive or dead
Page 1 of 1