Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Empty
PostSubject: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 8:51 pm

An FDM Swindler appeared in the temple and began raping and pillaging at free will today. It left a Froggy quite unhappy. It also created problems for champions that may or may not have died (unsure).

Lurker was able to use a private to tank it somehow, because he kept attacking the private after it died. It eventually OOMed and after the guards respawned several times, were able to finish it off.

Also those guards are pretty second rate for all the nobles we have running around. Shouldn't they have like gray beards and be on par with something youd find in a castle? Just saying, Skuas gotta some pretty weak followers.

Temple should be made no attack for all chars if possible.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:09 am

I am fairly sure the temple is a NOATTACK zone but I suspect that only applies to players and not NPCs.
They just do not know how to follow the rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:58 pm

Youre correct. Thats what I am saying though. It should apply to NPCs. With so few players on I had no way of stopping it without an imp. I couldnt get a LOS from outside of the temple, so anyone that recalled unclanned instantly was attacked by an FDM sorc. I couldnt curse, stun or comp.

Perhaps allow comp to be used in the temple since that cannot negatively affect players or be used on the guards?
Back to top Go down
amanar

amanar

PostSubject: Re: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Perhaps IMPs should be more aware of situations like this and not leave attack-on-site NPCs in non-attack zones.

100% my fault and I am truly sorry!

Please PM if you died/lost gear, and we will return your belongings/experience after checking logs.

Again, so sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 pm

Well yes that would be the normal idea/response is simply not to do it. But the fact is, it happens (obviously). And you're not the first nor will you be the last to do it. Its a human (ok well imp) moment, its the whole reason things like nukes have 12 backup systems. Life doesn't always go as planned. A backup against the failure of the contingency plan makes such things practically non-existent.

As that is literally the one spot in the game where everyone ends up, it makes sense to have a little 'extra' protection on it. Truth be told my warlord almost died. I heard one was in the temple and figured I would lure him out, just didnt happen to be spelled. I spelled up (while getting blasted a few times). I figured I had on MS Id be fine after dispel. Dang thing blasted me down to 13% with spells on. If I didn't have on my HP set I would have died (and presumably been looted at that point). When you have spelled up warlord at a potential for death, thats a telling sign that something needs reworked.

Any other game I have seen the Guards (especially around a god/kings chambers) are much higher level. Tbh I am surprised those guards didnt summon peaceys. I remember having a clan PVP fight near the shops, the guards attacked me in response and then peaceys came then. Are the guards different? Do they only summon SoP for players?

Also under the heading of 'bugs' related to this. I noticed he kept attacking an invisible or non-existent character. At first thought it was an invis imp being attacked. Then I noticed it was a private being killed. After the private died / was saved, its like he was put on invis/god mode for 30 seconds or something before the cycle repeated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:38 pm

Easy fix would be to make the guards SOP but keep the Templer template and names the same. This way an accident won't be as big of deal then it turned out to be. The guards in the temple are not the ones that announce ranking so it shouldn't be an issue.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 4:27 am

I am not aware that this is a frequent occurrence, or that it has even happened in the last 5 years or so.

I suspect that it does not warrant a major fix up effort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home   Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rouge Swindler Strikes fear close to home
Page 1 of 1