Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seyan guide?

Go down 
+2
Lordlava
Pendragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pendragon

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:38 am

Maybe someone has posted this before, but is there a Seyan build guide anywhere? No doubt they are a difficult race to raise properly, if not, could someone give me some tips, on how to raise one, or what skills I should be raising. I've been concentrating mostly on Str/Agil/ and TH, Also very little on spells.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:25 am

You are building it like a temp

2h is certainly the most important skill and then str and then agi.

However, remember that seyans are a balanced race so spells and will/int/brav are almost as important

In fact Blass should be higher that str/agi

Res or Imm are on a needs basis depending on which lab u r on or where u pent. You prob should choose one or the other rather than being half weak in both.

I did not really raise curse or stun til I got to major pents.

Other than that, I do not have specific numbers to quote.

Last edited by Lordlava on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 11:36 am

There's an old, old, old, old, old build that's from way back, I don't know how correct it is, on another server (that shall remain nameless) I've basically maxed TH, raised STR / AGI to Emerald Armor, Curse is @ 70 Base, Med is @ 50 Base, Bless is @ 70 Base, Prot / MS is @ 55 Base and I can kill FDM's easily. (Resist is at 60 base)

My seyan is a Colonel Smile

Quote :

Seyans are straightforward and easy to raise if you have patience...a LOT of patience whereas their exp costs are INSANE. So, here's a lesson on balancing your exp costs for your 2H skill at the low ranks until you max it.

2h is your most important skill period. It should maxed by late Maj.-early Luit Col.

Your strength cost should be about to equal your 2h cost divided by 2. Your agility cost should be about to equal your strength cost divided
by 2.

Lets say your stats look like this:

Two-handed Sword | 75 base | 63,281 exp cost

so your strength and agility would look like this:

Strength | 41-42 base depending on your str mod | 20,676 or 22,226 exp
Agility | 33-34 base depending on your agil mod | 10,781 or 11791 exp

This is where we get a little deeper into things though since we're going to start playing with exp costs and balancing what's most efficient.

Lets say a seyan has this for their 2h/str/agil base/mod/cost.

Skill | base | mod | cost
Two-handed | 65 | 102 |41,193
Strength | 25 | 65 | 4,687
Agility | 25 | 57 | 4,687

The mod formula for 2H is the following 2H mod=2H base+((Str+Str+Agil)/5)

This means Strength carries twice the impact on 2H mod than Agility. This means in terms of 2H mod, Agility is TWICE as costly than Strength. Now, lets apply what I've discussed so far to the stats above.

Strength should cost around 20,000 exp. Agility should cost around 10,000 exp. Lets see how the mod formula affects this.

Two-handed | 65 | 111 |41,193
Strength | 41 | 81 | 20,676
Agility | 34 | 71 | 11,791

111=65+((81+81r+71)/5)

Total gain is 9 points. Now, using an exp cost calculator that I've had forever(not the one I've been programming), lets see how much that jump
for str/agil costed.

Agility started at 25 and ended at 34. Cost to raise:67, 412 Strength started at 25 and ended at 41. Cost to raise:174,712 Total cost:242,124 exp

Lets see what it would have costed to raise 2h by 9 points...445,346 exp. Roughly twice as much exp for the same gain. Lets fine tune this a little more by looking at the mod formula once more but we're just going to look at what str/agil contribute this time.

46.6=(81+81+71)/5
47=(82+82+71)/5

1 Str point bumped up the 2h mod by one additional point which makes this a total gain of 10 2h. That would have costed 506,129 exp if we raised 2H

directly. Instead we spent only 262,800 exp. Again, about half the costbut yielding the same benefits.

Now that I've explored how to get the most out of your 2H skill during the low-mid ranks, I'm going to look at the other spells and skills that are absolutely important to seyans.

Bless
Protect
MS
Resistance
Curse
Meditate
Mana
Hp
Heal

Bless and Resist should be kept 15 points below your 2h base. Bless is raised simply because it's a necessity to all races because it raises EVERYTHING.

Protect and MS should be kept about 15 points below Bless. However, at Luit Col. I generally just leave them at 65 base and as a knight with a gpot
I have 170+ av. I don't think a noble seyan will max them any time soon but at low ranks, these are your defense and are valuable spells.

Curse is something you shouldn't touch until you've maxed 2h. This is because the more things you raise at once on a seyan, the weaker you are at everything you're raising. If you focus on a select few skills then youwill be scary strong.

Meditate will be one of the three things keeping you alive when you start using Curse. Mana is another thing keeping you alive when you use Curse. Hp is the third important thing keeping you alive when Curse comes into play.These two go hand in hand after you start using Curse to stay alive in many areas, most notably Col+ pents if you're a penter. Meditate shouldbe raised to at least 45 base to compensate for your newly increased mana consumption rate.

The higher max mana will allow you to use any spell that you have more often. This means more healing, MSing, respelling, and cursing in general. However, until you start using Curse at Luit Col., enough mana to wear the Ankh Amulet should be fine.

Your Hp isn't important at all until you want to start doing lab8-12 and higher ranked areas. Until you start getting to those areas, enough HP to wear Ankh Amulet will be enough. Once you get to those areas though, you're going to notice that with low HP you will be emptying your mana from frequent healing. The more hp you have, the less often you have to heal. The less often you have to heal, the more mana you have for everything else.

Heal is like your Hp but a little more important. A few points here, a few points there will go a long ways towards keeping you alive. Undrugged with only your bless, you should heal for at LEAST 50% of your hp. When you start tackling lab8-12, you will notice you will be healing a fair bit more. The more you can heal for, the longer you can go without healing. The longer you can go without healing, the more mana you have for everything else.

In later ranks, the last three skills will go hand in hand towards keeping you alive since maxed resist/bless/th will only carry you so far
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Solent

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:45 am

Is Templar still the fastest way to Seyan?
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:17 am

Fastest non-bug abusing way I'd have to say yes, you need the following stats to seyan easily.

Seyan guide? Fkwrpe
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 am

On your seyan are you saying fdm ices or players?
Back to top Go down
Redman

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:20 pm

I remember that image before I seyaned!! What a day... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timmy

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:35 am

is the picture up of black pretty accurate to the stats as to what they should be for lab 12? working on my temp to go seyan and not having done this before, am trying to get all my ducks in a row Smile
Back to top Go down

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:57 pm

timmy wrote:
is the picture up of black pretty accurate to the stats as to what they should be for lab 12? working on my temp to go seyan and not having done this before, am trying to get all my ducks in a row Smile
From the Axe I can tell it's in this server, so I guess you can make it past lab 12 pretty close to those stats with some scrolls and/or a speller to tag along. =)
Back to top Go down

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Limitless wrote:
On your seyan are you saying fdm ices or players?
Guess he's talking about iceies. Since I've been able to ice pent as a capt/maj temp. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 6:30 am

Those stats are the same I used to seyan except I had 85 axe and 65 imm and 360-400 hp.
Also I used the change of moon to advantage.

Lab 12 with ish curse and u can pass as a Capt but u need a speller with stun going through or you will be there for years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seyan guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seyan guide?   Seyan guide? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seyan guide?
Page 1 of 1