Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dissapearing items :(

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrus

Cyrus

Dissapearing items :( Empty
PostSubject: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:28 pm

So, last night I did Aranock Mountains and VoD as my hara to get the rep pot and the star ammy for when he arches. This morning, I log on to find that both items are no longer in my inventory. It took me like 2 hours to do these areas (I know it doesn't normally take that long but I'm a nubcake).

Anyway, I read LL's post about the server scanning for quest items to prevent people from hoarding them, so I am assuming that is why they got deleted. However, I wasn't hoarding anything! I had one star ammy, and one rep pot, and I intended to use them to learn blast2 and compulse. I earned both these items legitimately and I didn't even have them for 12 hours before they were deleted from my inventory.

I did the quests now rather than after I arched because I wanted the exp from the poles to get me closer to arching. Is there any way I can get these items back? Because it really doesn't seem fair to me to lose them for no good reason when I earned them legitimately...
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:22 pm

I believe he was referring to me with the Hoarding comment and that Quest Items (No matter the # in your inventory) are routinely deleted at random, if you need help getting this items again (assuming the God's or Imps don't poof you) feel free to ask me ingame for Help, I'll be more then glad to help.

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Cyrus

Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Yeah, I know that's what he meant. But if the purpose is to prevent hoarding, then it failed miserably here, because I didn't even have the items for 12 hours. I literally got them, went to bed, woke up, didn't have them. Really lame. Anyway thank you for the offer Error, I hope I can get them poofed back but if not I'll hit you up Smile.
Back to top Go down
Cody

Cody

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm

While it prevents hoarding, innocent people are indirectly effected, I believe the way it's implemented is it just wipes Quest Items and doesn't care if it's 1 or 100 items, basically it's what I like to call an Stupid Solution for something that's not an issue and I do actually see a use for it. If it where up to me I'd remove it but sadly it's not Sad
Back to top Go down
http://Moa-help.webs.com
Cyrus

Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Cody wrote:
While it prevents hoarding, innocent people are indirectly effected, I believe the way it's implemented is it just wipes Quest Items and doesn't care if it's 1 or 100 items, basically it's what I like to call an Stupid Solution for something that's not an issue and I do actually see a use for it. If it where up to me I'd remove it but sadly it's not Sad

Yeah, I agree with this. I mean, I could see if the quest items were able to be dropped, because then if someone was holding on to some it would likely be to sell it or trade it at some point (or people would leave them in clan halls for other members, stuff like that). However, now that items are soul bound, I really don't see what benefit anybody would gain for having quest items in their inventory? Could a God comment on this? Maybe this is an outdated security measure that should be removed? Maybe I could get my items back?
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 7:56 pm

shameless bump... don't want to have to re-do those areas Sad
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:12 am

The scanning for and removing quest items has been in this game for a long time - long before I was involved in the building side and probably a long time before that. It also searches for lab items outside the lab although I am not sure how effectively.

Quest items being soul bound is very recent with the latest ones only being put in in the last week.

It may also be triggered when the server restarts so it could have become more common recently as new changes are implemented

While it has not been seen as a big issue I am happy to add it to the list to look at although it wil not be a high priority item.

Last edited by Lordlava on Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Ok, but in the mean time LL, can I get those items back? I am arching today and it took me the help of a magen and quite a bit of time to get them Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dissapearing items :(   Dissapearing items :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dissapearing items :(
Page 1 of 1