Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A lag problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iktomi

Iktomi

A lag problem Empty
PostSubject: A lag problem   A lag problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 pm

So I've been lagging lately and I believe it has something to do with a thing: iexplorer.exe I've used the task manger and seen that it will randomly spike to the 30-50 in the CPU category. If I tell it to end process my desktop is blank: no bottom bar, no icons but I still have my pretty background. Any help with a way to solve this would be great.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

A lag problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lag problem   A lag problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:25 pm

sorry it is explorer.exe not iexplorer.exe
Back to top Go down
Sooper

A lag problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lag problem   A lag problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:45 pm

explorer.exe is basicaly windows. its what allows you to navigate your computer and run things. when your computer is idling it will almost always be the thing using the most power. if your running a game or something generaly those will hog more resources. if explorer.exe is spiking its probably because its trying to do somthing or something is wrong. if you would like to restart it, all you must do is end it like you have then click file, run task, and type explorer.exe in it and it will reopen it. almost like a reboot without a reboot Razz

this may or may not be fully correct information but is merely my opinion of what it is and does so do not take it for 100% fact
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

A lag problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lag problem   A lag problem Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

I tried rebooting it as well as running Aranock without rebooting it. When I did reboot it, it continued to spiked. When I ran Aranock without it, CCC.exe decided to spike. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

A lag problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lag problem   A lag problem Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:33 am

I do not like processes that unexpected spike in CPU usage.

My No 1 suspicion is a virus or spyware.

Step 1 - make sure your virus scanner is up-to-date.
Step 2 - run your virus scanner on all your disk drives
Step 3 - run msconfig and see if any programs are started that you do not recognise
Step 4 - disable anything you dont recognise or dont value (virus, spyware, internet scanners, software updaters etc)
Step 5 - restart the computer
Step 6 - If that does not work - hit it with a bat
Back to top Go down
Andy

A lag problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lag problem   A lag problem Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:05 am

If it's a laptop try running it on high performance, not power saver...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A lag problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: A lag problem   A lag problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A lag problem
Page 1 of 1