Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ruby Amulet

Go down 
+3
Ketchup
Redman
Dakr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dakr

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:21 pm

I got a message that it was getting old in my chatbox, so I repaired it. After I repaired it, I got a message saying that I couldn't equip someone elses quest item. Is this a known thing, or is it meant to be like that?
Back to top Go down
Redman

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Hmmm..... scratch

Where did you get the ruby amulet? From the chest or on the ground somewhere? The reason I ask is because quest items are now soul bound items so you can't wear another's item or turn it in to a quest giver. If some you picked it up off the ground somewhere then someone was playing a mean trick on you. clown
Back to top Go down
Ketchup

Ketchup

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:26 pm

i think it might have made a new ammy. whenever i repair my armor on group 1 i always have to switch it back to group one after i repair it as though its a new piece of armor...Razz
Back to top Go down
Dakr

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:38 pm

It was my own amulet, it said it was getting old etc, so I tried to repair it and then it wouldn't let me wear it idk why.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:54 pm

yeah I believe a repair makes it a "new" piece again. repaired armor does require the resetting of the grouping
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 am

There are two independent issues here.

1) If you repair a soulbound item then you reset it back to brand new. This includes resetting the owner back to zero - which means you no longer own it and it is no longer useable by you.

2) The aging message is a bit more confusing. It is not set to age while being worn or carried. In theory it can get damaged while you are being attacked, like armour can, so if you had it a while and are being hammered by some bad tempered grolm, it could get damaged.

Items can also age if left on the ground but then you would not normally recieve a message.

Free tip - do not try to repaid soulbound items.

I could set the Norepair flag on this amulet but it would reset all the existing Ruby Amulets in the game rendering them unwearable. There are currently 29 of them active, all of them being carried by a character.

Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 am

Lordlava wrote:
There are currently 29 of them active, all of them being carried by a character.

Wow his neck must be soar with 29 of them around his neck! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Ive got an idea. You could list down the names of those with ruby amulets and then set the norepair flag. Then /create amuulets and /send them to the players. Any /created item comes out unsoulbouned and the players would be able to wear them ior hand them in. The players probably wont even notice the change over. With this option there is a small chance someone will noptice and pass an unsoulbounded ammy to an alt to give in and get the skill, but its a small risk and its only one skill they'd stand to gain, but we get to fix the no expire issue without distruption. Very Happy

Last edited by Odysseus on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Martyr

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Resetting the flag would turn any soulbound ruby amulet into a non-soulbound ruby amulet.

If this was done then the 29 players would still have a ruby amulet in their inventory and would just need to equip it to make it soulbound again.

So if this method was chosen then you wouldn't even have to create and send out new amulets.

Just need to watch they aren't passed on to alts to hand in for bless as mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Oh, even better then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:29 am

Sigh!

A soulbound item would not be of much use if you could just find an unassigned one and pick it up and claim it.
A soulbound owner is only assigned if the item has a soulbound flag set and if the item is retrieved from a chest or a grave.

It is not assigned if you give or just create an item. Unassigned soulbound items belong to the Spirit of Aranock and he gets very possessive of his belongings.

There are older style items, like the Ring of Prophets et al, that do get assigned when you try to use them but they are very old school. I was tempted to convert them to the new soulbound style but I would have had a data conversion problem and it was not worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ruby Amulet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruby Amulet   Ruby Amulet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruby Amulet
Page 1 of 1