Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hit Markers in Skua temple?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hit Markers in Skua temple? Empty
PostSubject: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:38 pm

OK so as I have recently rediscovered. I dont like iceies. Or stun. Anyway.. Apollo was doing a GR for me in LtGens earlier. I was standing in skua temple. I started getting hit markers and ever so slowly losing HP despite going straight from clan respawn to skua and had no spells or poison or anything else on. How is it I was taking damage?
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:28 am

In the future it would help if you took a screenshot of the aranock time. The logs are huge and it would help to locate the bug and resolve it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:47 am

Good to know. The best I can tell you is it was within about 5+ minutes of one of my recent death times on "Diehard".
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:20 am

If you had a GC or Compulses you may get messages from their combat but I have never heard of anyone who died still recieving damage after the event.

Very strange.

A screen shot would be useful. Argh! I sound like one of those IT help desk people with strange accents who talk to me when the systems fail. Nooooooo.......affraid 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:26 am

The best I can guess is it had something to do with poison or dual wield from Apollo and my comps left behind in the area I died. I dunno because I am pretty sure I wasn't getting hit by that type of attack when I died actually.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:07 pm

There was a problem awhile back with the combat arena and poison that had players still have poison active after they died and respawned in temple, resulting in second real deaths in temple. May be related to that bug somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Poison or DW is designed to hit an AOE around the user casting it yes? The same as C2 basically? When a character dies and respawns in temple is there anything "left behind" at the death site besides a grave, like is the person still invis but at the old site at the same time as the new because of uncleared memory? Would AOE affect a grave somehow? How exactly are comps 'connected' with their masters? Does poison/DW how some type of reference to 'this' or 'parent' that might be mistargeting?
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes they are aoe, I don't think there is anything but a grave left behind. I think it would likely be the comps and not the grave and it may have something to do with poison or a delayed hit after you died. There have been a few times where the game has told me I got a critical hit on something that died a fraction of a second earlier. Hard to say for sure without pin pointing the location in the logs. Ll knows more about how the game works and might be able to give you a better answer or offer other causes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 pm

Well this was not a 'few seconds' after I died. It was a few minutes and it occured at least 4 or 5 times. The first time I saw it was like huh, was that hit makers.. nah couldnt be in here.. then I saw it again. I was like WHOA, not possible. Then I realized my HP was dropping like 1% at a time each time I saw markers.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:19 am

Was a staff member on? Were there any weird messages in the chat window? Only thing I've heard of similar to this is a staff member slapping a player. Otherwise idk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:00 pm

No slap, no mesages, didnt hear any swinging combat swords either.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Hmm I am fresh out of ideas, sorry. If it happens again take a ss and I'm sure ll will be able to find the problem and fix it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hit Markers in Skua temple?   Hit Markers in Skua temple? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hit Markers in Skua temple?
Page 1 of 1