Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So i downloaded the original v2 source code and..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pooch

Pooch

So i downloaded the original v2 source code and.. Empty
PostSubject: So i downloaded the original v2 source code and..   So i downloaded the original v2 source code and.. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Yes, i managed to get the server part on my linux server and also managed to compile the client side aswell and even to log into my server..

Better start from scratch.. ive started to take programming classes at Uni as part of my studies in biotronics. So far we've only have been studying basic engineering along with chemistry and labs but now we are going to include some basic programming and electronics.. so i thought "not a better way to study unix and C/C++ like compiling good old Moa" and funnit have been!

Althou this have nothing to do with Aranock (other than me just having restart playing (as Thor))
I cant really think any other place asking about it than here about my problems..

So server side compiling was really easy and get it running after downloading it wasnt really that hard exept for the fact there was literally no guide about anything lol.. me not being that good on the code has been quite intresting!

Now after fighting with that ancient borland i got the client running too.

Last prob i have is prettymuch serverside management.. i havent got figured out how the account management work or other tools like world builder etc. Unix is not my strength and cgi either.. i figured the account management have something to do with cgi if im not wrong..

Then ive always been thinking that the builder or so called God mode would be a different client but havent found any on the code pacs..

Any1 who have done all this could give me a hand on this? Im moee than halfway lol Smile

Im not tryinh to put up a new server or smth im just fashinated on the game and the learning process its giving me and maybe could contribute on Aranock aswell!
Back to top Go down
Whoopiezz

Whoopiezz

PostSubject: Re: So i downloaded the original v2 source code and..   So i downloaded the original v2 source code and.. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:48 pm

What are your questions: Have you figured out the build mode? Can you log in as God? ( that was prob with the orig code and password lol) have you figured out the CGI for item creation etc? ( another pain I got lucky by mistake in getting right once Lol). As for Moa management and such LL might be a better person to speak to. I can answer some of the stuff as I have set it up a few times for a private home server. PM with your questions Razz
Back to top Go down
Andy

PostSubject: Re: So i downloaded the original v2 source code and..   So i downloaded the original v2 source code and.. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:17 pm

I can help with hard building, not coding on ladders+ etc tho.

I'm also interested in this biotronics, I've heard they're using algae as a form of biological microchip...
Back to top Go down
Fazza

Fazza

PostSubject: Re: So i downloaded the original v2 source code and..   So i downloaded the original v2 source code and.. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Lets start with getting your characters god mode.

open svr_do.c

find the do_say coding.

In my svr_do.c Its at line 1712 you should see

Code:
 if (strcmp(crypt(text,"k7"),GODPASSWORD)==0) {
                ch[cn].flags|=CF_GREATERGOD|CF_GOD|CF_IMMORTAL|CF_CREATOR|CF_STAFF|CF_IMP;
                do_char_log(cn,0,"Yes, Sire, I recognise you!\n");
                do_area_log(cn,0,ch[cn].x,ch[cn].y,0,"ASTONIA RECOGNISES ITS CREATOR!\n");
                return;
        }
That is the original code as per daniels website.

The easiest way to get god mode for yourself is to change

Code:
if (strcmp(crypt(text,"k7"),GODPASSWORD)==0)
To the following

Code:
if (strcmp(text,"xxxxxxxxx")==0)
open gendefs.h and change godpassword to the password you put in svr_do.c.

Thats a really simple way to get the ball rolling.

to test if it works, start the server, connect with any character and just type the password like you were saying hi.

If all goes well you should be in god mode now.

as for build mode, once you get access to god mode just type /build # the # representing what "Page" of building materials you have.

Alot of things will repeat themselves however that shouldnt be a major issue once you find the ones your after and keep note.

Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

PostSubject: Re: So i downloaded the original v2 source code and..   So i downloaded the original v2 source code and.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 5:17 am

Got it all sorted out and got to play around with the builder! so much fun hehe:)

Big thx to Whoopiez, and respectively to Snakebite althou i got it fixed with whooopiez guide!
Back to top Go down

So i downloaded the original v2 source code and..
Page 1 of 1