Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apollo's Projects

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:12 pm

So as an update as to what I've been up to (in the past week):

I've recently been working on learning the cgi, so I apologize for my absence. I've only crashed the test server once (so far).

Cohor Balteus - Touch up work; ie removing scrolls and replacing them with required items. Making sure the keys to the doors all work.

Quest 4 - Making sure that the scrolls are replaced with npc's. Which takes longer then it sounds for a person new to the cgi end.

Professions - Working on a rewrite for professions to allow them to become more user friendly and enticing.

I've also been working 80 hour weeks at my rl job.

Back to top Go down
Motoko

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Iktomi wrote:
So as an update as to what I've been up to (in the past week):

I've recently been working on learning the cgi, so I apologize for my absence. I've only crashed the test server once (so far).

Cohor Balteus - Touch up work; ie removing scrolls and replacing them with required items. Making sure the keys to the doors all work.

Quest 4 - Making sure that the scrolls are replaced with npc's. Which takes longer then it sounds for a person new to the cgi end.

Professions - Working on a rewrite for professions to allow them to become more user friendly and enticing.

I've also been working 80 hour weeks at my rl job.

I hope you aren't salaried...
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Cohor Balteus - Should be ready for staff/elite player testing.

Quest 4 - Populated but ran into a problem that made other things disappear, so I'm looking into that.

Professions - Still working on the rewrite, currently focusing on making things flow easier and be more continuous so that we can remove the guess work of, "wait what did I need for?"

I've been away since Friday gone on a training so that I can be able to certify Lifeguards. So far I have almost drowned once and it has been the most humbling experience I have had in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Quest 4 - Working on narrowing down a problem with an object in the lab. Also one of them turns to cheese in appearance.

Professions - Getting a few gfx (Snakebite's awesome) to make a few easy changes. The plan is to slowly introduce small changes to slowly adapt what is currently in place. More items will be added later to make them more worthwhile.

U3 and maybe other areas - Will be adding poles within the next 7 days.

I have already hit 60 hours of work this week and will be out of town this weekend, hopefully I'll be somewhere that has internet so I can do somethings on the road. Sorry for the slow in-game turn over, rl is hectic.

Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:09 am

Quest 4 - problem found and hopefully solved, ready to test again.

Cohor Balteus - first player test ended badly for players.

U3 - 6 poles were added.

Quest 5 - is in the initial creation phase.

Professions - haven't touched much in the past week.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 11:57 am

Quest 4 and Cohor Balteus - still in testing

Quest 5 - Turns out I misread an email and instead of working on Quest 5 I was working on Quest 8, so that has been put on hold so I can focus on the development of Quest 5.

Black Stronghold - Will be nerfing the gargs and putting in group checks.

My work had 1200 guests show up this week/weekend so I've been tied up there and haven't touched too many areas.
Back to top Go down
Motoko

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Iktomi wrote:
Quest 4 and Cohor Balteus - still in testing

Quest 5 - Turns out I misread an email and instead of working on Quest 5 I was working on Quest 8, so that has been put on hold so I can focus on the development of Quest 5.

Black Stronghold - Will be nerfing the gargs and putting in group checks.

My work had 1200 guests show up this week/weekend so I've been tied up there and haven't touched too many areas.

Strongly disagree with the nerfing of BS gargs. You don't really need ankh ammy when you're that low of a rank that you cant kill them with drugs/scrolls/whatever. a SGM can probably kill them with ish scrolls and str pots and/or a garg stat etc, regardless of class.

Not a fan of any nerfs of difficulty.

Thanks for the continued work though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:33 pm

Getting a hold of those items when your a new player is near impossible. Having an ankh helps a ton and I'm glad this is being changed to help lower ranks pent easier.
Back to top Go down

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:41 pm

Limitless wrote:
Getting a hold of those items when your a new player is near impossible. Having an ankh helps a ton and I'm glad this is being changed to help lower ranks pent easier.
Aye. When I first began it took me quite some time to get a hold of the ankh ammy. Glad to see some work done on it. Now I just gotta remake my BS runner  flower 

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Johndave

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:42 pm

I agree with Motoko on this one, a sgm merc can solo the part required to get ankh ammy with ish scrolls, gpot, and garg stat.

Having said that, I am extremely grateful and appreciative of the continued efforts of the dev team, Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Johndave wrote:
I agree with Motoko on this one, a sgm merc can solo the part required to get ankh ammy with ish scrolls, gpot, and garg stat.

Having said that, I am extremely grateful and appreciative of the continued efforts of the dev team, Keep up the good work!
And a new player will have none of those things is the point mate. Not everyone has a safety net to fall back on Wink
Back to top Go down
Johndave

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:54 pm

All those can be got by an sgm
Back to top Go down

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm thinking this was implemented to keep lower ranked players "Interested" and help them keep ranking. Not everyone has played the game for years and there are still people that "Stumble" onto it. Kudos to devs for this change.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:56 pm

There is a section in another part of the forum if you want to talk about it more.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Sorry, I have not really touched much this week in game. I've been on the road for the past 5 days and worked almost 20 hours in the other 2 days.

Q5 - looked into the history and am developing a storyline for it.
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 6:42 pm

Wow it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted sorry.

Q4 - has been having bag issues Sad
Q5 - is being built. It will have one of the hardest dragon armors to find in any of the Quests  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 6:53 am

Quest 5 is basically built just have to add npc's and road signs
Back to top Go down
Iktomi

Iktomi

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 7:53 am

I apologize for the length of time since my last post. The summer season is starting to wind down and I'm hoping to find more time to stop in and build/live quest. I've been putting in 120 hour weeks :/
Back to top Go down

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:23 am

Any new updates Iktomi?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Apollo's Projects Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo's Projects   Apollo's Projects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apollo's Projects
Page 1 of 1