Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?

Go down 
+7
Pooch
Jaimie
Nikur
Ravhin
Melborne
Lordlava
johnpogi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
johnpogi

johnpogi

To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Empty
PostSubject: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:12 am

I found it while searching for freeware on google and thus surfed a thousand web pages until I reached this.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:57 am

My son found the original Mercenaries of Astonia (MoA) server many moons ago.

When that closed down, the keen ones moved on to the successor, Lost Mercs (LM).

When LM closed down we moved on to Aranock and we have been here ever since.

This game is based on the original MoA and has been enhanced many times since.
Back to top Go down
Melborne

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 1:07 am

There had been a server or two before Aranock came to be, Believe I played Osmera before Lancelot and I got the license for Aranock. Aranock was founded in dec of 2004.. I remember talking to Lancelot on my cell while I worked at Futureshop about getting the license, wow that's a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Ravhin

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 am

Osmera? Wow I haven't heard that name in awhile. I remember nudging my way in to help developing it and we created that little area to the east of town. Long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Nikur

Nikur

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:19 pm

I found this game in one of those long search engine lists in 2007 and have been playing off and on ever since.
Back to top Go down
Jaimie

PostSubject: Re:   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:37 am

Found this game tro google i was searching for a free mmorpg for my laptop Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pooch

Pooch

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:54 am

Found Aranock by suggeestion of my sis when she was playing in 2007 iirc and played for a while too but then the server closed and i quitted..

Originally played MoA in 1999 pretty much after V2 was launched, it had been up for a month when i joined so there were like few caped guys runnin around (Lancelot, Chojin, Roadkill etc.) and no warrior/sorc at the time, figure that Smile

anyway found this site i remember a guy named Rifkanu made and we had this brotherhood up ( a pre clan) i was into (with 2 char:) )
see if any1 remember those guys

http://www.angelfire.com/ia2/harakim/Members.htm
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Wow I discovered this game on Morpheus, its a old peer to peer program, I was on the chat there, and this guy, kept saying everyone should check out Aranock online, its a great game. So I went to google and here I am!
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 12:31 pm

I played the original MoA as a child, i loved it but as i spent far too much time on it my parents forcibly banned me from playing. Years later I was looking for online games to play as a reward for completing a particularly challenging essay and googled MoA to find it had closed down, but at the same time discovered some of the clone servers, the one that particularly took my fancy i played on for a good while, until people online started discussing a fairly new clone that had good potential. I logged on to check this clone out, convinced i would end up sticking with my first choice, however i was immediately impressed and I've been unable to escape since.....

Last edited by Odysseus on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Wow.. interesting:) Aranock Online was my first online game to play. I've played several others since that day.. But I'm still here with Aranock.
Back to top Go down
inappropriate

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:23 pm

so wait this is a private server of a game? ooh thats why its a folder you download xD, well its pretty cool i wish i could make an aranock server just to test out some builds lol

well i found this game on play-free-online-games.com its my main website for games i play lol i found this ages ago, it was the old forum and when they had issues with forums around then i quit, like 2 years ago almost
Back to top Go down
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Nooo Its not a private server. There are just other games/clones out there that copy this one. They are all pretty much the same, however I like Aranock's community. Once you learn the ropes its pretty addicting
Back to top Go down
Piccillo

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Well then, I started playing the original MoA V2 years ago (circa 99 or 2000) and raised hell there for many years Smile I remember I was online when the games creator finally flicked the switch and turned the servers off for the last time.

I havnt played at all since, that was prolly....8+ years ago now. This afternoon I started remembering again the game I used to play, and decided to check if any clones were still online, haha. see yall in game Smile
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 3:58 am

My kids found the original moa server.
When that shut down they found the LM server.
When that shut down they found Thule.
When Thule went feral I heard about Aranock and changed over to here and have stayed ever since.

Ah the memories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?   To ordinary users,where did you find about this site? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To ordinary users,where did you find about this site?
Page 1 of 1