Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Guard Poison

Go down 
+5
Redman
Johndave
Star
Lordlava
Xenjin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenjin

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:24 pm

Recently I decided to attempt to best the White Guard on my AT(Konahrik). During this I was saved from either a critical or blast, reflected by my now 300-375k-ish luck. After arriving in the temple it seems as though the White Guards poison was still in effect and shortly after I died, resulting in a loss of 10 health, 10 mana, the usual. I have a pic of myself standing next to my grave in the temple, the SS was taken by Elffin who offered to help as I was a little frustrated that my attempt to screenshot it had come out as scrambled colors. Any one can comment on whether the continued poison is a bug? I could understand if it continued after a recall(and it does), but after being saved seems more like an issue which may need some investigating/fixing. The screenshot will be included below. Thanks again.

White Guard Poison Kon
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:53 pm

After you die or are saved, poison should end and you should not be subject to double jeapardy. We can be cruel but generally that cruel.

I will investigate when I get back home later in the week. If you don't hear from me by next week end send me a reminder.
Back to top Go down
Star

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 am

Getting saved doesn't get rid of any spells you have on.
So if it's c1/c2/stun/poison, it won't stop until it runs out, gets dispelled, or you die. Razz
Pretty sure that's just how the game is, not a bug...
Sad days for Konah. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:54 am

The alternative is that getting saved should remove all spells regardless of what they are.
Back to top Go down
Johndave

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:24 am

I personally think being saved should remove all spells
Back to top Go down
Xenjin

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 am

I concur with Johndave. I think all spells should be removed upon a save since it is essentially a death, just with less directly impacting consequences, the major consequence being a loss of luck. As such, shouldn't a death's side effect of removing all spells/drugs/ailments also be applied for a save?
Back to top Go down
Redman

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:30 pm

I don't see why spells should be removed at a save since a player doesn't actually die. A save restores health to 50%, which should give a player adequate time to react to whatever got them the saved in the first place.

If a player was drugged, they would loose whatever was remaining for the drug duration, which could have been used for playing in a level more suitable for that player (or giving the previous area another go Twisted Evil ).
Back to top Go down
Johndave

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 pm

The problem is konahrik DIDNT spawn back with 50% and most of the time when I get saved, I don't either.
Back to top Go down
Xenjin

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:21 am

Thank you for seconding that Johndave. It's a little bit hard to just say something and people believe it lol. As I mentioned in the original post, I literally died moments after being saved and returned to temple. I was typing to Johndave's alt at the time for roughly 5-6 seconds, and a few seconds later I died. So unless poison ticks off like 5% hp per second..
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:29 am

According to the code, as interpreted at 10:30pm at night in a hotel with a glass of Baileys, you should get 50% of your HP restored on a save, which is what stops the death actually being fatal.

The speed of death from the Poison will depend on your hp, your immunity and the Power of the Speller.

Back to top Go down
Xenjin

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 11:33 am

The fact that you investigated into the matter is appreciated. I'm pretty content with it as it wasn't a big loss on my part anyhow, so I just re-upped a little hp/mana. However I am interested in why John and I'm sure others have also at some time or other experienced times of spawning back after a save with less than 50% health. Ah well, no matter. Thanks again LL.
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Wonder if it is 50% of base not modded HP?
Back to top Go down
Redman

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Between the saves I have got and the saves I have seen while temple sitting, it always appears that players come in at 50%. I would be interested to see if someone with godly life armor and helm came in with 50% though (instead of 75% or whatever half of their base HP results in). Any volunteers? Razz
Back to top Go down
Johndave

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:41 pm

I'm getting duped then, because I am never at 50%, maybe its cause I wear ankh armour?
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:45 pm

wearing prison set, ankh armor & Godly Life helm I drop to around 15% after a save which makes sense cuz I hit 30% when stepping off no-magic zone. yeah 70% of my hp is from gear, lol. Half your base hp should last long enough to run to arena tho, right?
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 am

Spells are now being removed when saved on the Testserver.

This will occur soon in the main game.

I just need to sacifice myself a few times to confirm it works. Take one for the team.

Note that this has always worked this way. The thing that has changed recently is that NPCs can now cast Arch spells if they have them, including Poison.
Back to top Go down
Redman

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:54 am

It should provide at least enough time to press heal.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:34 am

If you are saved from death by some generous god, all your spelled will be automatically dispelled, including Poison.

This is now effective.
Back to top Go down
Thug

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 6:15 pm

when you say all spells do you mean drugs too?

i agree with redman, i dont want to lose a dpot if i was saved.

as for xenjin dying from poison in the temple, it had to have been some rare accident. when you are saved you go to 50%, poison probably doesnt even last long enough to take 50% of his health.

LL: were you able to find out what happened? (just curious)
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 am

If you don't want to lose a dpot by being saved we can arrange for you to actually die and lose everything. The alternative is just don't get killed.

I am assuming that Kon died from the poison and he was just not expecting or watching for it.
I have not tested to see if a White Gardian Poison can knock 50% of a brig AT which is all it needs to do.
Back to top Go down
Cyiane

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:06 am

Quote :
poison probably doesnt even last long enough to take 50% of his

I've never checked the duration, but when it procs on my warrior I can recall and temple sit and get quite a few kills minutes later. I also dont know how strong the white guardian poison is, but if its fairly high like the stun then it could very well deal 50% of your health awfully quick - especially if said AT doesnt have 600+ hp sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Redman

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 am

Oooooo....I like the idea of not having anymore saves and all deaths being real deaths.

Maybe we can use luck for something else instead like probability to make useful soulstone and prof items?
Back to top Go down
Cyiane

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Sort of derailed a bit now, but the luck system would have to be changed entirely imo.. At private you can easily donate 10-20k gold and have an insane amount of luck - granting awesome soulstones etc. Or what if your current ltgen doesnt exactly have the best of luck.. That same 10-20k does squat in comparison at private.

And then we'd have issues such as existing players such as Kona, who started with 400k luck, but after the save is now cut in half to a mere 200k. Im sure its doable, but from what I know and can tell, the entire system as a whole would need to be reworked. And 'maxing' luck at private would need to be removed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Guard Poison Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Guard Poison   White Guard Poison Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Guard Poison
Page 1 of 1