Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Necropolis

Go down 
+3
Lordlava
Dinin
Cyrus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 am

So I was in Necropolis doing my thing today, fighting the arch temp/arch hara in room 3. I lured the hara to the door to engage him first, and had him around half mana when all of a sudden he vanished. He didn't die, he had like 80% hp and 50% mana left, he just disappeared. I was like "that's weird, but oh well saves me time", then the templar comes forward and I engage him. About 3 seconds later, the hara respawns behind the templar. At this point I recalled because I'm clearly screwed. So yeah, not sure what that's about. This was my 3rd attempt at Necropolis today and it didn't happen the other two times. This happened around 11:55pm mountain time.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:55 pm

Update: I made another attempt today and it didn't happen this time.

While I'm at it though, I can't help but feel like Necropolis is too difficult (for a warrior at least). I'm all for a good challenge, but it seems like I need to rely a lot on dumb luck to pass this. Being that there are no useful skills I can raise any further to help my odds, it feels less like a challenge and more like something I have to attempt enough times until the stars align and I land just the right amount of crits at the right time to win. The first time I fought the AH, I beat him with about 100 mana left, the second time I ran out of mana before I could kill him. I did everything exactly the same, must have just landed less crits or something. Same with those seyans, on my second attempt I killed the first seyan with 40% hp left and no mana at all. The second seyan I had to recall because we both had 40% hp left and were both out of mana and he hits harder than me. Anyway that's my rant, I'll just keep attempting it and hoping I get lucky.
Back to top Go down
Dinin

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 pm

It is not a bug, just unlucky timing. All npcs in the game "reset" at a certain time each day (atleast i think its once a day), that is what you witnessed. If you had waited a short while the temp would have done the exact same thing. This can cause some weird situations depending on what area of the game your in when the npcs reset. LL knows more about this then me and he may shine some light on the specifics of why and how.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Oh ok. That makes sense, I've never seen that before though so I thought it was some issue with that room. Thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:40 am

Without checking the logs (as I don't hace access from here) I would think Dinin is correct.

I have not worked out the respawn time for each NPC but it is greater than one day.

It is a very rare event for it to happen at a critical time like you experienced.

One the difficulty level we passed the quests with all the races.
The only ne we failed at was a sorc and hence the reason for the special amy there that only sorcs could wear.

There are a few tricks that you can do to help u out but that would not be fair if I just told you. We worked them out as we set up the quests.

I do not know if any warriors have passed the quest so far.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 am

Yeah I'm sure that's all it was, makes sense. As for the difficulty I'm not saying it isn't passable, just that whether or not I pass seems largely dependent on how many times I lose focus and how many times I crit, rather than on anything within my control. I know all of the tricks and trust me I'm using them, it would literally be impossible if I wasn't lol.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:00 am

Maybe we were just lucky when we passed in test but the only one we struggled with was the sorc.

The two skills disabled (stun and compulse) are not Warriors strengths so I did not see that as a disadvantage for a warrior.

Mind you we did need an awful lot of mana. I am assuming that you have very high mana or maxed.
Back to top Go down
Dakr

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 pm

beuttur or w/e his name is went from warrior to necro. Think he was either FDM or Baron when he passed and I don't know if he had a lot of difficulty doing so or not.
Back to top Go down
Cyiane

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:38 pm

So its basically been confirmed.. Going necro as a warrior is purely based on luck, and not tactics used or not used. Unfortunately I cannot provide math to back the claim, but Cross is proof enough in terms of stat allocation and possible improvements to make the challenge go smoother.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:46 pm

I have max immunity, max sword, max resist, max brav/will/int/spells/heal, max hp, max mana, max everything. Whether I can kill the AH depends on whether or not he Curse 2's me. I never resist it, but sometimes he just doesn't attempt it, in which case I will win. If he does Curse 2 me, I run out of mana before him and lose. One time he didn't curse2 me, but I lost focus on heal like 6 times and lost anyway. I am, at this point, completely maxed out and reattempting it solely because if I try it enough times I will eventually get lucky and win, but that's all victory is up to at this point, luck. That is stupid and it should be fixed. Yes, Bokuru did it, but he didn't get Curse2'd at all in necropolis (I asked him), he got lucky. Had he been curse2'd, he would have lost, because it's impossible. This game isn't that complex, I'm a warrior, I auto attack and heal myself. I'm fighting the AH in the doorway, not wasting mana trying to curse him or anything stupid like that, not prematurely healing, there is no tactic I can utilize or skill I can raise to do anything different. Whoever tested this as a warrior I suggest they test it again. Unless your idea of a challenging quest is one that you have to continually repeat until you get lucky. In my opinion though, that's a poorly balanced quest.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Ok, just tried it again. I am neck and neck with him for MP, with me slightly winning until he gets to 50% mp, then he curse 2'd me again. At that point I start getting destroyed. I stay in trying to wait it out, and he freaking poisoned me as well this time, which he never did before. I got destroyed, again. This is dumb.
Back to top Go down
Cyiane

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:20 am

Since Sorcs needed a crutch and got it, Warriors should get the same. Both classes are inferior to the other three, and as it stands, Arch Harakims can basically walk right thru the encounters.

Other than suggesting each class (all five) have a different type of encounter stylizing one particular type of combat, I'm short for ideas at the moment. Everyone knows a Warrior cannot stun or curse during the encounters, and Arch Templars don't need too. Seyan's can handle it, albeit seemingly less easily than Arch Templars.

We understand it's suppose to be a challenge, but when it boils down to be COMPLETELY based upon luck, and what ifs, it goes from being a fun challenge that you won, to 'hoping for the right time' to score. MoA has always been 'difficult' based upon puzzles, since the combat is fairly cut and die. And while I'm positive a ton of thought went into the Necromancer encounters, changing them to a more puzzle like style would be off the board.

Perhaps allow Warriors to purchase a barbarian sword, or something that allows them to have additional mana - as that is truly the limiting factor. 800 mana at Knight is insufficient. The lack of weapon mod renders them powerless once cursed and curse2'd, so something around that would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:00 am

Under consideration
Back to top Go down
smasher

smasher

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:03 pm

what about taking greps??
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm

I appreciate it LL. Just attempted it again, pretty much the same story. I was winning until the AH cast curse2 on me (he waited until he was at about 35% mana this time), at which point my weapon skill drops so low I can't do any significant damage to him until it wears off, but by then I've lost so much mana healing myself that I end up running out before he does.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 am

Greps are not available and are not race specific.

"If" anything is done it would be aimed solely at warriors in the same way I did for sorcs who did lose two of their main spells.

I am at a loss as to how we got through with a warrior in test while you struggle. Whether it was random or just different tactics I can not say as we only passed each race once. The testing was designed to ake sure it was possible.
Back to top Go down
Cyiane

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:08 am

I disagree, greps isn't the solution as that will make it easier for anyone - which isnt the goal.

What exactly was done for sorcs?
I think the best option is to allow a higher sword mod, or is it possible to flag warriors during the encounter to be immune to curse 2? Some as "simple" as that may be the solution. If not, then the second best option I believe is simply a modified Barbarian Sword that can be purchased, which increases sword mod and mana slightly, and has the same wv as the original.

I'll need Cross to chime in at some point, but from my viewpoint those are the two factors that limit Warrior success to be based simply on luck.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 am

Well like I said previously LL, I have killed the AH before, but the only time I am able to do that is if he does not curse2 me. It seems random whether or not he casts curse2. Sometimes he does it right away, sometimes at 50%mp, sometimes at 25%mp, sometimes not at all. Bokuru completed it as warrior, and he told me he didn't get curse2'd (by either the AH or the seyans). I also talked to Rmcim, and although he completed it as an AH, he also insisted that he never got curse 2'd. If you did complete it as a warrior, I assure you that you didn't get curse 2'd, because if you had, you would not have completed it. I also want to point out that when I did kill the AH, the time he did not curse2 me, I only had 75 base resistance. Since then I have maxed resistance, it is now 105 base and I've been curse2'd the last 3 times I fought him. There is nothing I can do to raise resist base or mod at this point so is getting curse2'd completely random and I'm just having an unlucky streak?

I really want to insist here that there isn't a different tactic I could utilize to do this any better. Against the AH, I respell myself, with the medium saphs from the warrior equipped. I then donate immediately after so that my spells are as fresh as they can be and my mana is maxed. I then lure the AH to the doorway to fight him alone while the AT is trapped behind him. I am on fast combat, I'm not wasting any mana trying to curse or anything, and I wait until I'm at 70% hp to cast heal (as my heal only heals about 25%). From there I'm just observing the battle and casting heal when I drop below 70%. I keep an eye on my own mana and the AH's, and it's usually pretty neck and neck for the majority of the fight, with me having a slight advantage. If he doesn't curse2 me, I would win with approximately 75 mana remaining. When he does curse2 me, I lose.

Again, I'm not saying it isn't passable, as I have passed it before. But the times I've failed it's been no fault of my own, I didn't mess up and there's nothing I could have done to make my character stronger, and that just seems wrong to me. I really like the idea of a quest that requires my character to be maxed out and me to do everything properly, I appreciate a good challenge. But when I max my character out and do everything properly, I should pass the quest.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:55 am

Ok I am officially not attempting this again unless it is changed. This time I beat the AH with 100 mana remaining, the only reason I beat him was because he decided not to curse2 me this time (aka I got lucky). He happened to drop a gmana, which I said yay to. I then fought the seyans. The first one, I was forced to use the gmana or else he would have killed me. The second one, I had to recall with my last 25 mana because he would have killed me had I not. Yes, I fought them one at a time and yes, I donated between fighting them. I engaged both seyans with fresh spells and 100% hp and mp. I also was on fast combat, did not heal prematurely, did not attempt to curse, etc. This is stupid and I'm done wasting my time and gold on it. Warriors suck, the entire reason I wanted to do this with my warrior is because I hate him and I wanted to turn him into a Necro so I wouldn't have a crappy warrior anymore. But he's so crappy he can't even pass this challenge to become less crappy! I HATE HIM! AHHHHHHHH! *smashes keyboard*
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:46 pm

We have heard the cry of the Warrior in the Wilderness who is so keen to embrace Death.

They can now join their brother and sister Sorcs in being a privileged race.
Back to top Go down
Twinsix

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 11:43 pm

On your warrior, do you also have sh and sh2 maxed?
Back to top Go down
Cyrus

Cyrus

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:05 am

Just a little feedback on the change that was made:

The amulet definitely made it A LOT easier. The AH did not curse2 me when I fought him with the amulet making that fight way easier than before, he also blasted me for 2% less each time thanks to the increase in immunity which helped me save quite a few heals over the course of the battle. The seyan room was still the biggest challenge, as I was still cursed and curse2d by both of them. The battle was much more winnable though, the lowest I got against the seyans was 75 mana remaining, which is still cutting it fairly close, although I believe I had about 125 or 150 mana remaining against the other seyan. I think the challenge level is more appropriate now, I still wouldn't try it as a warrior unless I was maxed out and one would still need to attempt it a few times to get used to the tactics required to pass it. I have only tried it so far as a warrior so I can't really compare the difficulty to any of the other races.

Anyway as always thanks for looking into that LL., much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Necropolis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Necropolis   Necropolis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necropolis
Page 1 of 1