Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Clan spells in Combat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lordlava

Lordlava

Clan spells in Combat Empty
PostSubject: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 am

Be warned!

Clan spells are in the process of being modified and may misbehave over the next week or so.

Curently it only affects heal when the recipient is in combat.
The testing by necessity can only occur on the main server as i can not simultaneously control enough characters at the same time to test it properly.

It is only partially working at the moment so be very careful if you are trying to heal a clannie member in combat.

It will be fixed over the next week or so.

Then it will be copied to other spells.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:51 pm

This is working backwards. Today I could heal ayumi in battle even though I can't stun her. Got punished for healing Subzero who was in my group
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:36 am

This is still WIP but I appreciate the feedback.
Will have another go at it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:56 am

Seemed like it works but just needs the polarity reversed. I should have been punished for healing ayumi & the scorpion heals should have worked.
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 am

This opens the discussion up to whether or not a player should be able to heal a teammate that is fighting someone outside their own fighting range.

Take this case for example. If you were able to heal subzero then you could simply heal him for eternity in hopes that subzero's attacker (ayumi?) would miss a stun. This doesn't seem that fair since subzero's attacker can't do anything to stop you. It's almost like a ska player healing a person in a clan fight.

In summary, maybe make it where lower rank players can't heal any parties if any are outside their fighting range.
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:24 pm

If I'm grouped with a player I should be able to heal him/her. Maybe the discussion should be why can't I stun ayumi? instead of +/-4 ranks in pvp, I propose -3 & +22. Higher levels can defend themselves as soon as attacked of course. Moved to a seperate post to keep this on a single topic. -Redman/Blue
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 3:27 am

If A vs B in clan combat and C tries to cast heal on either party then C must be in clan grouping range of both A and B otherwise heal will fail. This also applies if A or B are GCs or Usurps of clannies.

If C is outside of clan grouping range of either A or B then the heal fails.
If C is in a NOFIGHT (safe) zone then heal fails.

The testing is a bit more complex as I struggle to run 3 simultaneous characters to test all the scenarios. This is an explanation, not an excuse, for implementing partially tested code.

It will be fixed over time, please just have patience and feed back issues as you come accross them.
Back to top Go down
Redman

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Would it be easier to just make it where clan members can't spell (heal, bless, prot, ew, light, etc) each other unless both are in non-clan warfare squares regardless of ranks?
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 pm

speller & target in safe zone: heal
one in safe zone one out: no heal
speller & target outside safe zone: must be grouped
Back to top Go down
flipper

flipper

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 am

Perhaps all spells cast by any caster must be to a group member?
This may also remove people being led.
There have been many (myself included) that receive spells at temple, then go and breeze through town quest.
Or have someone fighting the Outlaws and have someone much higher rank standing well off to the side healing.

This feature could be turned off during events.

This definitely would make life a lot easier on the coder.
issue I see is that anytime you want to spell anyone, you must group them first.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 3:21 am

OK try heal now in various combinations of clan PvP and see if any problems.

The previous logic was buried deep utilising existing code and I have tried to extract it all out now.

You can only cast heal on a clannie in a PvP encounter if you are also in a position of being able to fight and are able to group all participants.

Compulses take on the characteristics of their masters in this respect for determining ranges.

Last edited by Lordlava on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:52 am

Any problems with current implementation of Heal before I replicate it to other protective spells?

Bless, protect, enhance
Back to top Go down
Punchingbag

Punchingbag

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Lordlava wrote:
and are able to group all participants.

what does this mean? IMO only caster's rank & target's rank would matter.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:15 am

If Clannie A vs Clannie B in clan warfare then
only another clannie who is in clan grouping range of both A and C can spell either of them.

A non clannie can not spell either of them
A clannie outside of clan group range of both A & B can not spell them
A clannie in a safe zone can not spell them

In other words if you are able to spell then you are able to be attacked
If you are not in danger then you can not spell

Scenario Brig A vs Maj Gen B
Warlord C keeps spelling A until he eventually wins or B recalls
There was nothing B could do to stop this as he was not able to hit C
This will now be blocked from happening

Does this all make sense?
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:18 am

Only question I have is will this affect spells outside of clan battles, so say I wanted to spell my friend that was out of grouping range
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:20 am

This should only impact on casting spells on two clannies locked in mortal combat.

It should have no effect on any other spell casting anywhere in the game.

If it does then it is broken and will be fixed (assuming you advise me of such).
Back to top Go down
Johndave

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:24 am

Good deal, I'll let you know if anything bad happens Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan spells in Combat   Clan spells in Combat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan spells in Combat
Page 1 of 1