Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
This forum is now a read only archive. You can view the contents but you will not be able to make new posts and registration is closed to new members. Please visit our new forum at www.aranockonline.com/forum where our community is now based. Thank you for your patience!
Click Me For New Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

....Our community has moved to a new home. Please follow the link above. This forum is read only for posperity....

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tower XX

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ultraman

ultraman

tower XX Empty
PostSubject: tower XX   tower XX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 6:05 am

odin, drwho. and bruticus have done the tower 3 times the last 3 days. the first day we went alone and were successful. then the next two days baldor came as well. as odin i was able to group with both drwho, bruticus and baldor. please review you logs to confirm this. it was for the last 3 days around 7 - 9 pm EST.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

tower XX Empty
PostSubject: Re: tower XX   tower XX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Your first feat is impressive given your ranks. So congratulations on that.

Your honesty in reporting the second two events is admirable. That has saved me alot of work in checking logs whci could not have happened till tomorrow.

However, the requirement is not that Odin can group with all members but that anyone in the group can group with all members.

Last time I checked a Baron can not group with a Brig Gen. You need to be a Lt Gen or higher to group with a noble.

Odin is able to group everyone and so does not have a problem. However, Baldor (Baron) is not able to group the other two (Brigs) and so those three have a case to answer.

I will need to see each of you in game for a discussion.
Back to top Go down
ultraman

ultraman

tower XX Empty
PostSubject: Re: tower XX   tower XX Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 5:09 pm

I thought it wasn't a problem since the three of us (brut, drwho and I) were able to complete the tower without a problem (less than an hour too). Only after we did it the first time did baldor ask to come with us on the 2nd night. I didn't think it was an issue since we had done it so easily on our own and baldor's presence wasn't needed. basically he was just along for the ride. Anyway, after we finished the last time up, I just recalled, grabbing nothing, brut did the autowalk thing to grab another R.O.P.

I'm the one who allowed it to happen so if you're going to spank somebody, it should be me, but I truly didn't see the harm in having baldor tag along. At his rank, as a seyan I'll bet he could have practically soloed it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lordlava

Lordlava

tower XX Empty
PostSubject: Re: tower XX   tower XX Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 2:24 am

The rationale behind the leading rules lie in the way the game has been designed.

Each area is designed to be a challenge for a particular rank. To make it easier you may decide to do it at a higher rank or in small team. But the challenge remains in one form or another.

The leading rules were put in to maintain that challenge. Otherwise a private would be able to complete all the quests (ignoring the fact that he would rank) by being led around by a team of bored warlords. There is no challenge in that.

The early game did not add in any programatic ranking controls to stop you doing this and so the Leading Rule was required.

Some more recent additions do/will check and enforce the rank limits but I have not had the time or inclination to go back and retrofit it to existing areas. The technology now exists - it is just a matter of changing all the portals.

The rule can not tell who is leading or following or even contributing to the progress of the team in a specific area. In general neither can staff for that matter. Hence the rule has to operate that same way I enforce it programatically. If all the players can not group then then can not do the activity.

I trust that this helps to explain why the rules operate the way that they do and why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tower XX Empty
PostSubject: Re: tower XX   tower XX Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tower XX
Page 1 of 1